Volunteer Role Description
At Open Door, we work to inspire the life journeys of individuals with disabilities and cultivate valued roles for them in their communities.
As a volunteer, you will play a key role in helping us meet our mission! Whether you are an individual, group, or intern, our hope is that you will find your service to be fulfilling, meaningful, and rewarding!
- Willing to work with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Respect and support the rights of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- At least 15 years of age
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Ability to communicate (either verbally or through the use of assistive technology)
- Enthusiastic and open to new experiences
All ongoing volunteers are required to attend a one-day training session. This training session will cover important topics that will help familiarize you with our organization and how best to help those we support.
Volunteer trainings take place every Monday from 8 am – 3:30 pm. Please be sure to bring a driver’s license or photo ID for completion of your background check.
Please contact Gretchen VanNatta, our Volunteer Coordinator, if you have any questions!