Speech Language Pathologist (Speech Therapist)
At Open Door, we inspire the life journeys of individuals with disabilities and cultivate valued roles for them in their communities. As a Speech Language Pathologist, you will play a key role in helping us fulfill our mission.
- Master’s degree from qualified Speech Language Pathology program.
- Current licensure in good standing as a Speech Language Pathologist in the state of Ohio.
- Experience working with the intellectual/developmental disabilities population.
- Valid driver’s license with less than five points on record.
General Requirements For All Positions:
- Responsible for daily review, update, and completion of assignments as outlined in work management platforms, and departmental software.
- Reflects culture, and behavior that exemplifies the organization’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Personal accountability to self, team, and leadership.
- Reporting of incidents timely to incident hotline and complete required reports on electronic platforms.
- Staying abreast of established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Utilize existing informational systems to obtain information.
- Follow chain of command and on-call procedures.
- Commitment to self-development and completion of required on-going training requirements.
The following duties are the primary duties associated with this position, however this position does require additional tasks as assigned that are necessary and appropriate to enhance and normalize the lives of individuals:
- Responsible for completing Comprehensive Functional Assessments and updates as needed.
- Direct programming based on identified needs.
- Speech and diet texture evaluations.
- Training of direct care staff on speech, communication, and meal needs.
- Works as an integral part of a comprehensive, interdisciplinary team.
Negotiable, based on education and experience
Full-Time or Part-Time