At Open Door, we inspire the life journeys of individuals with disabilities and cultivate valued roles for them in their communities. As a Production Instructor, you will play a key role in helping us fulfill our mission!
Willingness to work with individuals with physical and developmental disabilities and mental illness.
Must be capable of oral and written communication in English with consumers and fellow employees; along with the ability to read, implement, and document services and outcomes according to established guidelines.
Must have a valid email address as our primary communication to staff is electronic by email.
- Provides services and supports to meet the immediate needs of the persons enrolled in the Adult Day Program.
- Assists individuals entering/exiting vehicles and provides transportation as required
- Provides personal assistance to individuals as required
- Completes delegated nursing duties as assigned by the Nurse – Adult Day Services
- Supports individual in skill development as defined by Program Specialist
- Maintains environment to ensure individual is safe and secure
- Maintains required documentation
- Participates as a team member in the development of Individual Services Plan (ISP)
- Provides status information
- Plans and participates in activities as required
- Performs other professional duties as required
- Requisition of supplies/equipment required to complete duties
- Completes written reports as required by board policy or the ISP
- Supervision of Production Associates
- Supports implementation of consumers’ vocational habilitation and/or employment services goals
- Manages (individuals) workforce production capacities
- Maintains communications with UCO Industries management regarding the workforce capacity of individuals being served
- Attends meetings, committees, in services and workshops to keep abreast of current techniques in the field of developmental disabilities, mental health and home care.
- Ability to assist individuals to physically transfer from chair to bed, toilet, vehicle, tub, etc. as needed
- Provide dietary services including food preparation of all food types
- Willingness to post schedule and work flexible hours and locations, which includes additional hours and other days/shift hours if necessary for both male and female individuals
- Regular work attendance
- Positive work attitude for the benefit of the individuals and co-workers
- Must carry out all reasonable assignments including signing job descriptions, corrective actions, training records, financial records and evaluations
- All employee of CCHS agree to promote services in ways that support dignity and respect, quality service delivery in the home and community and opportunities for active community participation and relationships
- It is the employee’s responsibility to report any circumstances that would impair their ability to transport individuals; such as medication or other illness that could be a potential safety issue.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License or eligibility for Ohio Driver’s License (unless a non-driver position)
- Evidence of automobile collision and liability insurance (unless a non-driver position)
- Have a functional automobile able to transport individuals to vocational, recreational, medical, religious and other community experiences
$12.50 – $13.50 per hour
Monday – Friday
- Must be 18 years old
- Valid driver’s license
- Proof of car insurance
- Must pass a background check
- This position involves tasks which may result in exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, or supplies or equipment contaminated with blood, body fluids or tissues to include but not limited to:
- Feeding tubes, CPR, Accidents/Injuries, personal hygiene, housekeeping, catheter care, etc.
Typical Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift/move items weighing over 50 pounds
- Requires full range of body motion, standing and walking for long periods of time, bending stooping and stretching, correct vision and hearing in normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours