At Open Door, we inspire the life journeys of individuals with disabilities and cultivate valued roles for them in their communities.
Join our team and inspire life journeys as a Payroll Bookkeeper at our corporate offices!
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working technical knowledge and understanding of accounting theory, principles, practices and regulations including FASB/GAAP and SOX compliance.
- Intermediate level of computer knowledge including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook experience.
The following duties are the primary duties associated with this position, however this position does require additional tasks as assigned that are necessary and appropriate to enhance and normalize the lives of individuals.
Directly responsible for accuracy and completeness of all the payroll functions for Open Door including, but limited to the following:
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data from timesheets and other timekeeping sources.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job title, changes of status, and department/division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, overtime, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer’s social security, and local taxes.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information timely and provides timely response back to employees.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests. Responsible for checking voicemails and emails each business day and for replying to all within one business day.
- Tracks garnishment records and ensures that Open Door completes ordered processes.
- Maintains the benefits spreadsheet after every pay period. This includes communicating with the Benefits Coordinator and Employees to fix any discrepancies.
- Generates departmental overtime reports after each pay period.
- Generates and decimates a list of Employees working under 30 hours per week after each pay period.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes to Finance Director or Director.
- Maintains employee payroll records and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures that payroll information remains organized and completes filing at least once per week.
- Assists the Finance Director, and Director as assigned.
- Assists with reporting for regulatory agencies such as IRS, 401K, court systems, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Monday-Friday day shift