Medical Services Coordinator/Nurse | SCL
At Open Door, we inspire the life journeys of individuals with disabilities and cultivate valued roles for them in their communities. We are looking for a motivated person to join our Supported Community Living Team as a Medical Services Coordinator/Nurse.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Successful completion of a course in pharmacology
Current Ohio nurse’s license.
Willingness to work with the developmental disabled (DD) population.
Capable of oral and written communication in English with individuals and fellow employees.
- Ability to read, implement, and document training programs for individuals according to established guidelines.
General Requirements For All Positions:
- Responsible for daily review, update, and completion of assignments as outlined in work management platforms, and departmental software.
- Reflects culture, and behavior that exemplifies the organization’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Personal accountability to self, team, and leadership.
- Reporting of incidents timely to incident hotline and complete required reports on electronic platforms.
- Staying abreast of established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Utilize existing informational systems to obtain information.
- Follow chain of command and on-call procedures.
- Commitment to self-development and completion of required on-going training requirements.
The following duties are the primary duties associated with this position, however this position does require additional tasks as assigned that are necessary and appropriate to enhance and normalize the lives of individuals:
- Responsible for provision of all nursing services, including administration of medication, completion of ordered treatments, and provision of emergency treatment for both individuals and employee
- Maintains accurate and current medical records, including documentation of MAR, TAR, nursesing notes, diagnoses, physician orders, skin assessments, wound care (as back up to home health not showing up), etc.
- Ensures that the person-centered programming, medical supports, and services are implemented according to plan
- Completes post-hospital nursing assessments and coordinates with team.
- Communicates with hospital personnel when individual is admitted and completes hospital observation visits, as assigned including pre-discharge assessments.
- Ensures that all records are filed timely in medical charts and files.
- Responsible for communication with HSC nursing, pharmacy, physicians, treatment centers, labs, and any other medical need on behalf of the individuals served.
- Responsible for arranging necessary medical follow-up with outside providers and listing any medical appointment on Brittco calendar with information for staff and Monday.com updates.
- Responsible for cycle fill and supply medication checks, follow-up with HSC on medication needs.
- Arranges for daily pharmacy medication delivery; manifest to Monday.com.
- Ensures all medical appointments are scheduled timely for compliance.
- Responsible to complete and follow-up is implemented accordingly with proper consultation forms properly filed and entered into tracking/electronic systems.
- Completes staff training and delegations on health-related tasks or medical needs; completes paperwork to ensure compliance with training requirements.
-Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
-Successful completion of a course in pharmacology
-Current Ohio nurse’s license.
-Willingness to work with the developmental disabled (DD) population.
-Capable of oral and written communication in English with individuals and fellow employees.
LPN- $23/hour + .25 per year of experience in field (10 years maximum)
RN- $30.00 + credit for experience (up to $32/hour)
Monday – Friday, Day Shift