Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
At Open Door, we inspire the life journeys of individuals with disabilities and cultivate valued roles for them in their communities.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with Open Door, you will play a key role in helping us fulfill our mission! We are looking for a positive-minded, patient, and dependable person to provide nursing care to those we support in our residential settings.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Successfully completed a course in pharmacology
- Current Ohio nursing license
- Willingness to work with the developmental disabled (DD) population
- Capable of oral and written communication in English with individuals and fellow employees
- Ability to read, implement, and document training programs for individuals according to established guidelines
- IV Certification required
The following duties are the primary duties associated with this position, however this position does require additional tasks as assigned that are necessary and appropriate to enhance and normalize the lives of individuals:
- When performing tasks as LPN: Responsible for provision of all nursing services, including administration of medication, completion of ordered treatments, and provision of emergency treatment for both individuals and employee; Maintains accurate and current medical records, including documentation of MAR, TAR, nurses notes, diagnoses, physician orders, etc.; Transcribes physician orders for any needed change; Ensures that the person-centered programming and services are implemented according to plan including medication programs; Completes post-hospital nursing assessment and attends post-hospital addendums, as assigned; Communicates with hospital personnel when individual is admitted and completes hospital observation visits, as assigned including pre-discharge assessment.
- Ensures that all records are filed timely in medical charts.
- Responsible for communication with pharmacy, physicians, treatment centers, labs, and any other medical need on behalf of the individuals served.
- Responsible for arranging, providing initial, and annual required injections as directed for all employee and individuals.
- Responsible for arranging necessary medical follow-up with outside providers.
- Recognizes and respects human rights, individual’s privacy and dignity when providing medication, treatment, information, and other aspects of medical care to the individual.
- Completes task assigned to ensure compliance with Medicaid and Licensure Rules and Regulations.
- Will be active participant in the Quality Improvement program.
- Accurately follow emergency procedures (i.e. fire, tornado, medical emergencies, intruders, etc.)
- Accurately inputs as needed on Brittco, Jotform, Advisor, and other electronic systems as required for services provided to the individuals served at CCHS, Inc.
- Ensures accurate timely follow-up on all medical related incident reports for all individuals.
- Attends and participates in IPP/PCP meetings and addendums, as assigned.
- Provides frequent communications to individuals, family members, providers, and other stakeholders as appropriate for medical concerns.
- Stays abreast on nursing regulations, Licensure and Medicaid rules related to medical services.
- Completes annual training, as scheduled.
- Attends nursing departmental and company committee meetings, as assigned.
- Responsible to maintain cleanliness and organization of medication carts.
- Responsible to immediately report any unusual incident or possible MUI to the Incident Hotline according to regulations.
- Responsible to ensure all medical appointments are scheduled timely for compliance
- Responsible to complete and follow-up is implemented accordingly with proper consultation forms properly filed
- Oversees that all vitals and weights are completed according to requirements from plans.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or executive team.
Starting at $25.50 per hour
*Now offering a sign on bonus of $3000 total after 90 days of employment
Are you a current employee of Open Door? Help us find the right candidate for this position and receive $500 payable on the 2nd payday after orientation, and an additional $1000 after 90 days of employment. That’s $1500 in referral bonuses available!
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday | 7 am -7 pm