LPN – Union County
At Open Door Columbus, our goal is to provide individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with the support they need so they can lead their own inspiring life journey.
Join our team and inspire life journeys as a LPN at Open Door in Union County!
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current Ohio Nurse’s License.
- Successful completion of a course in Pharmacology.
- Willingness to work with the developmentally disabled (DD) population.
- Capable of executing oral and written communication in English with individuals and fellow employees.
- The ability to read, implement, and document training programs for individuals according to established guidelines.
General Requirements For All Positions:
- Responsible for daily review, update, and completion of assignments as outlined in work management platforms, and departmental software.
- Reflects culture, and behavior that exemplifies the organization’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Personal accountability to self, team, and the leadership.
- Reporting of incidents timely to incident hotline and complete required reports on electronic platforms.
- Staying abreast of established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Utilize existing informational systems to obtain information.
- Follow chain of command and on-call procedures.
- Commitment to self-development and completion of required on-going training requirements.
The following duties are the primary duties associated with this position; however, this position does require additional tasks as assigned that are necessary and appropriate to enhance and normalize the lives of the people we support:
- Responsible for provision of all nursing services, including administration of medication, completion of ordered treatments, and provision of emergency treatment for both individuals and employee.
- Maintain accurate and current medical records, including documentation of MAR, TAR, nurses notes, diagnoses, physician orders, etc.
- Transcribe physician orders for any needed change.
- Ensures that the person-centered programming and services are implemented according to plan including medication programs.
- Complete nursing assessment and attend medically related addendums, as assigned.
- Responsible for person-centered plans, skills checks, and delegation of health-related activities.
- Responsible for communication with pharmacy, home providers, families, physicians, treatment centers, labs, and any other medical need on behalf of the individuals served.
- Complete tasks assigned to ensure compliance with Medicaid and Licensure Rules and Regulations.
- Provide Non-Medical transportation services: completion of pre-trip inspection, routes, documentation, and safety procedures as assigned
- Provide services and supports to meet the immediate needs of the persons enrolled in the Open Door Adult Day Programs.
- Assist individuals entering/exiting vehicles, as required.
- Provide personal assistance to individuals, as required.
- Complete delegated nursing duties as per applicable Medication Administration Certification.
- Support individuals in skill development as defined by Program Specialist.
- Maintain environment to ensure individuals are safe and secure.
- Maintain required documentation
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or executive team.
$25.50 per hour, plus sign-on bonus
Monday – Friday
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current Ohio Nurse’s License
- Successful completion of a course in Pharmacology
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License
- Proof of car insurance
- Must pass a background check