At Open Door, we inspire the life journeys of individuals with disabilities and cultivate valued roles for them in their communities.
As a Fleet Technician, you will play a key role in helping individuals with disabilities access the safe, reliable transportation they need to get wherever they want to go!
The following duties are the primary duties associated with this position, however this position does require additional tasks as assigned that are necessary and appropriate to enhance and normalize the lives of individuals:
- Being accessible when called for emergencies to respond when vehicles are not operational and provide instructions on how to resolve or assist with transportation issue.
- Operates certain maintenance equipment required for vehicle upkeep and repair
- Knowledge of and ability to use tools
- Ability to multi-task when necessary
- Obtains and Reviews vendor invoices to ensure correct billing; reports any concerns to management immediately.
- Schedules regulatory inspections; ensures documentation is submitted to department supervisor immediately to comply with all federal, state, and local law
- Arranges for replacement of broken windshields/windows
- Inspects fire extinguishers to ensure they are present and are in operating order for vehicles
- Tracks and schedules monthly internal vehicle inspections and completes forms
- Assists with DODD licensure and Medicaid surveys related to transportation
- Attend meetings as required
- Purchases new vehicle registrations for CCHS vehicles annually
- Ensures all annual insurance information is replaced in all CCHS vehicles annually
- Works with all departments to ensure maintenance issues are completed in a timely fashion; responsible to schedule, coordinate repairs, deliver/return vehicles in an efficient manner
- Communicates frequently with teams on status of vehicles
- Ensures all wheelchair equipment is in working order in each CCHS vehicle
- Ensures all safety equipment is in all CCHS vehicles and operational
- Performs Van Orientation training for new employees as needed
- Must promote a positive appearance and customer service focus towards all stakeholders when representing CCHS.
- Responsible for fleet tracking and maintenance reports as assigned.
Starting at $14.50 per hour
Monday – Friday | 8a – 5p
- High School Diploma and preferred experience/knowledge with basic vehicle maintenance
- Ability to read, comprehend, implement and document invoices, training material, track maintenance trends and understand vehicle maintenance issues
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. when necessary
- Ability to change tires on certain fleet vehicles
- Ability to check fluid levels: oil, transmission, coolant and brake