Facility & Grounds Technician
At Open Door, we inspire the life journeys of individuals with disabilities and cultivate valued roles for them in their communities.
As a Facility Technician, you will play a key role in helping individuals with disabilities maintain access to safe & reliable facilities.
Must be 18 years old
Valid driver’s license
Proof of car insurance
Must pass a background check
Able to lift 50lbs
High School Diploma
Experience and knowledge of basic facility maintenance and common issues (Preferred)
- Operate vehicles and power equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws
- Landscaping and lawn care, using power mowers or edgers
- Shovel snow from walks, driveways, or parking lots and spread salt in those areas
- Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes
- Maintain or repair tools, equipment, or structures, such as buildings, greenhouses, fences, or benches, using hand or power tools
- Responsible for inspecting and performing preventative maintenance as needed
- Responsible to complete maintenance/housekeeping work orders
- Maintaining and upkeep of the storage/shop facility on daily basis
- Must have basic maintenance, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, carpentry knowledge and the ability to paint.
From $16.50 per hour
Mon – Fri, 8 am – 4 pm