Facilities Technician – Maintenance
At Open Door, we inspire the life journeys of individuals with disabilities and cultivate valued roles for them in their communities. As a Facilities Technician, you will play a key role in helping us fulfill our mission by assisting with the ongoing maintenance and safety of all Open Door facilities!
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have experience in general trades, construction, and/or maintenance.
General Requirements For All Positions:
- Responsible for daily review, update, and completion of assignments as outlined in work management platforms, and departmental software.
- Reflects culture, and behavior that exemplifies the organization’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Personal accountability to self, team, and the leadership
- Reporting of incidents timely to incident hotline and complete required reports on electronic platforms
- Staying abreast of established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Utilize existing informational systems to obtain information.
- Follow chain of command and on-call procedures.
- Commitment to self-development and completion of required on-going training requirements.
The following duties are the primary duties associated with this position; however, this position does require additional tasks as assigned that are necessary and appropriate to enhance and normalize the lives of the people we support:
- Assists with the ongoing maintenance and safety of all Open Door facilities.
- Safely perform physically demanding manual labor including frequent heavy lifting (100lbs.), long periods of time on feet, continuous and/or repetitive movement, and full body mobility.
- Execute a wide variety of skilled and unskilled maintenance jobs, including but not limited to, grounds maintenance, snow removal, painting, plumbing, electrical work, carpentry, daily work orders and renovations.
- Timely completion of work orders, as assigned.
- Perform preventative maintenance according to schedule and as assigned.
- Assist with the completion of major facilities-related projects as assigned, adhering to set timelines, budgets, and established objectives.
- Provide real-time, ongoing updates regarding the status of all maintenance requests using Open Door electronic platforms.
- Adhere to all Open Door policies and procedures related to the purchasing of tools, equipment, and supplies, monitoring expenses to ensure department stays within set budget guidelines.
- Safely and neatly store, secure, inventory, and maintain all departmental tools and equipment.
- Safely operate vehicles, mowers, power tools, and related equipment.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable local, state and federal rules and regulations, as they relate to the physical plant, including but not limited to: NFPA (Life Safety Code), OSHA, EPA, etc.
- Completing required inspections as assigned.
- Conduct safety drills and evacuations such as fire, full facility in conjunction with the Safety Committee Chairperson as assigned.
- Check, clean, and maintain all drains and sewers as required.
- Ensure all facilities-related operations are conducted in a safe, orderly manner.
- Report all facility/maintenance deficiencies identified to Facilities Manager.
- Respond to all emergency needs when on-call.
- Assist Fleet Coordinator, when needed, to ensure all Open Door transportation-related needs are met.
- Perform various housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Attends I/DD focused facilities/maintenance-related professional development workshops and conferences as assigned.
- Attend and participate in all meetings as assigned.
$18.00+ per hour, increase based on experience
Monday – Friday
- Must be 18 years old
- Valid driver’s license
- Proof of car insurance
- Must pass a background check