Facilities Technician – Housekeeping
At Open Door, we inspire the life journeys of individuals with disabilities and cultivate valued roles for them in their communities. As a Facilities Technician, you will play a key role in helping us fulfill our mission by ensuring all Open Door facilities maintain a clean and neat appearance!
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to participate in and pass the Medication Administration Course.
General Requirements For All Positions:
- Responsible for daily review, update, and completion of assignments as outlined in work management platforms, and departmental software.
- Reflects culture, and behavior that exemplifies the organization’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Personal accountability to self, team, and the leadership
- Reporting of incidents timely to incident hotline and complete required reports on electronic platforms
- Staying abreast of established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Utilize existing informational systems to obtain information.
- Follow chain of command and on-call procedures.
- Commitment to self-development and completion of required on-going training requirements.
The following duties are the primary duties associated with this position; however, this position does require additional tasks as assigned that are necessary and appropriate to enhance and normalize the lives of the people we support:
- Ensure all Open Door facilities always maintain a clean and neat appearance.
- Sweep, mop, scrub, and/or vacuum floors within Open Door facilities to maintain cleanliness.
- Gather and dispose of all trash daily and as needed.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish all furniture and fixtures as needed.
- Clean windows and mirrors as needed.
- Wipe down walls, machines, and equipment as needed.
- Safely prepare and label all cleaning solutions mixed in house.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets as assigned.
- Utilize and safely operate floor cleaning machine as needed.
- Clean and assist with the restoration of building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or water, using commercial cleaning equipment.
- Clean equipment, such as glassware and metal instruments, using solvents, brushes, rags, and power cleaning equipment.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaning agents and power equipment, ensuring the prevention of damage to floors, fixtures, and equipment.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing closing and locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Follow Open Door policies and procedures for reporting when any maintenance-related issues are identified.
- Remove snow from pathways and ramps using snow shovels and spread snow melting chemicals as needed during inclement weather.
- Order and maintain inventory of supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and housekeeping duties.
- Assist Fleet Coordinator, when needed, to ensure all Open Door transportation-related needs are met.
- Assist with the setup, arrangement, and removal of decorations, tables, chairs, etc. for events and meetings as assigned.
- Attend and participate in all meetings as assigned.
$18.00+ per hour, increase based on experience
Monday – Friday
- Must be 18 years old
- Valid driver’s license
- Proof of car insurance
- Must pass a background check