Sick and Vacation Time (FT)
Eligibility & Covered Family Members
Full-time employees working a minimum of 30 hours per week are eligible for paid time off as defined below.
Definition of Immediate Family Members
Spouse, child, stepchild, mother, father, stepmother, stepfather, legal guardian, or other persons who stand in place of a parent (loco parentis) qualify as immediate family members.
Upon hire or upon change of status to a benefits-eligible position, eligible employees will earn paid sick time at a rate of 2 hours for each eighty (80) hours worked. The credit is proportionate to all hours paid in each biweekly pay period.
Sick time is available for use as soon as it is earned.
Sick time may be used for the following reasons:
- An illness or injury of the employee or the employee’s immediate family member. In the case of an immediate family member that does not live with the employee, the Executive Director or designee may approve paid sick leave when it appears justified, but such cases may be investigated.
- Any approved, documented absence covered under the Family Medical Leave Act.
- Medical, dental, or optical examination or treatment of the employee or the employee’s immediate family member.
- A job-related illness or injury suffered by an employee during the course of employment.
- The vacation year is defined as the 12-month period following the employee’s hire date or benefits eligibility date (whichever is applicable).
- Vacation is earned based on how many hours per year the employee works and ic calculated as follows based on years of service:
|Years of Service||Formula||Maximum Hours Earned|
|1-2 years||Hours worked previous year x 0.0385||80 hours|
|3-5 years||Hours worked previous year x 0.0577||120 hours|
|6+ years||Hours worked previous year x 0.07695||160 hours|
Earned vacation becomes available for use annually on the employee’s anniversary of becoming a benefits-eligible employee.
Vacation time can be requested for any reason as long as its use is pre-approved. To utilize prescheduled Vacation time, all employees must give a minimum of two (2) weeks’ notice by using the Leave Request Form through the Open Door online employee hub. The request must be approved by the employee’s supervisor and/or department scheduler.