9.15 – Electronic Visit Verification
The Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) is an electronic system that verifies when provider visits occur and documents the precise time services begin and end. The EVV system captures the date and time of the visit, the location the visit, the person who received the services, the person who provided the services, and the services provided. Section 12006(a) of the 21st Century Cures Act (Cures Act) mandates that states implement EVV for all Medicaid personal care services.
Open Door has elected to utilize Advisor Anywhere as our data collection software. The primary method of data collection is through iPads provided by Open Door. The secondary method of data collection is through other mobile devices that are accessible to the employee. Manual visit entries can be made by completing a timesheet via the Employee Hub on the Open Door website.
Prior to utilizing timesheets on the Employee Hub, employees must follow the following reporting procedures:
- Contact the scheduling pager and notify the on-call staff that Advisor Anywhere is not accessible. The scheduler will test Advisor Anywhere to verify that the software is not accessible. If this is a user issue, the scheduler will provide over-the-phone training and guidance as needed.
- The on-call staff will contact the IT Manager and notify them of the issue once it is verified that the software is down.
- The IT Manager will diagnose the issue and determine how long Advisor Anywhere will be down. The Primary Solutions and Managed IT Vendor help desks will be contacted as needed.
- A notification will be sent out to all SCL employees notifying them to utilize paper timesheets.
- Once received, the electronic timesheets will be manually entered into Advisor’s Single-Entry module.
- Employees that have missed punches can utilize the electronic timesheets if they hours are from a prior week that is no longer accessible to the employee on Advisor Anywhere.
Last Revised: 8/25/21