What can we help you find?
8.07 – Preventative Maintenance Schedule
The following list includes schedules for a variety of preventative maintenance. A dated schedule will be maintained by the maintenance department.
- Maintenance Department work schedule: 40 hours per week; on emergency call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Resident room heating and cooling unit filter cleaning as required—a dated schedule is in the corporate office.
- Main air conditioner condenser and cooling coil cleaned at beginning of cooling season and at mid-season.
- Furnaces checked and filters cleaned at beginning of season and as required.
- All refrigerator condensers cleaned every 6 months—a dated schedule is in the corporate office.
- Operational check of fire alarm systems 3 times per month.
- Exit lights and hall lights serviced as required.
- Emergency lighting system and exit doors checked every month.
- Inspect hot water heaters, drain and clean pilots every 6 months per instructions on unit.
- Parking lights checked quarterly for outages and repaired as needed.
- Clean smoke and heat detector filters at two-year intervals.
- Check smoke and heat detectors for red light outage at 30-day intervals.
- Fire extinguishers checked monthly for proper charge.
- Insect-control spray all units quarterly or as needed.
- Washers, dryers, and dishwashers serviced as required.
- Grease interceptors—bi-annual or as needed.
- Sprinkler systems inspected quarterly. (any corrosion noted, must result in replacement of sprinkler head)
- Sprinkler sensitivity testing every 2 years by external inspector.
- Generators are checked weekly, with load test monthly and timed, and inspected annually by external vendor.
- All outlets checked per standards with annual documentation on each outlet.
- Fire Door annual inspection per the fire door and annual egress inspection form.
- 5-year pipe inspection and 4-year damper inspection by external source.
- Empty locked ash tray containers.
- Complete water temperature tracking weekly.
- PSI systems semi-annually.
- Any preventative maintenance as assigned by Director or supervisor.
- Fire inspections by external fire support vendor quarterly and annually.
- Fire Department inspection annually.
Last Revised: 9/13/21