What can we help you find?
8.04 – Psychological Services
Each individual supported by Open Door will receive, when appropriate, psychological services through personal contact with a psychologist/CNP (overseen by psychologist), individuals, and staff involved with the individuals.
Open Door has a formal written contract with a consultant for psychological services.
- Qualified staff and support personnel will provide the following psychological services based on need:
- Program Development
- They will also provide administration and supervision of psychological services as well as staff training.
- The psychologist will:
- Be licensed and have experience or training in the area of developmental disabilities.
- Ensuring that evaluations, clinical verification form and assessments contain all information required for level of care, admission, and ICF requirements.
- Provide initial comprehensive psychological evaluations.
- Comprehensive evaluations will be completed every three (3) years for each individual.
- Annual updates of adaptive behavior are required for individuals referred by the individual’s team.
- Perform direct counseling to individuals or groups when referred by the team.
- Provide documentation of all counseling sessions including goals and objectives, monthly progress reports, and quarterly and annual summaries.
- Participate as a member of the interdisciplinary team, as necessary.
- Develop behavioral strategies and assist the staff in implementing such programs.
- Provide in-service training to staff as requested by the Open Door team.
Last Revised: 9/13/21