What can we help you find?
7.10.12 Johnstown – Missing Individual Procedure
- In the event that staff discover that a individual is missing from Johnstown, the following procedure will be followed:
- Contact the Executive Director, Incident Hotline, and/or designee immediately, identifying:
- Description of the clothing the individual was wearing
- Approximate time when the individual was last seen
- Location where the individual was last seen
- Check all areas of the location including closets, mechanical room, laundry room and office
- Conduct an grounds search, checking all areas as mentioned above
- All staff involved in the search should contact the Executive Director and/or designee to report on their individual search
- All apartment staff should continue searching for the individuals until they hear otherwise
- In order to minimize the possibility of a missing individual, staff should make periodic checks on all individuals during working hours. It is their responsibility of each staff member on duty to be able to account for those individuals in their location. During the night shift, bedrooms should be checked every hour or more frequently if medical or behavioral indications warrant.
- When the Sheriff’s Department is contacted by the Executive Director and/or designee, the Medical Services Supervisor or nurse on duty will prepare a summary of medical conditions, medications, vital statistics, etc. to facilitate communication with the Department
The Incident Hotline will contact the Franklin County Board of DD and other involved parties as soon as possible avenues of locating the missing person have been exhausted.
Last Revised: 4/30/21