7.10.04 Open Door Art Studio & Gallery– Missing Individual Procedure
In order to minimize the possibility of a missing individual, staff should make periodic checks on all individuals during working hours. It is the responsibility of each staff member on duty to be able to account for those individuals in their location. During the night shift, bedrooms should be checked every hour or more frequently if medical or behavioral indications warrant.
In the event that staff discovers that a resident is missing from Open Door Art Studio, the following procedure will be followed:
- Contact the Incident Hotline.
- Contact the Executive Director/Designee and the Director of Services, identifying:
- Description of the clothing the individual was wearing
- Approximate time when the individual was last seen
- The location where the individual was last seen
- Check all areas of the location including closets, mechanical room, kiln room, laundry room, and offices.
- Conduct a grounds search, checking all areas as mentioned above.
- All staff involved in the search should contact the Executive Director and/or designee to report on their individual search.
- All staff should continue searching for the individuals until they hear otherwise.
- When the Police Department is contacted, the Executive Director and/or designee, the Medical Services Coordinator, or the nurse on duty will prepare a summary of medical conditions, medications, vital statistics, etc. to facilitate communication.
- The Executive Director or Residential Systems Director will contact the Franklin County Board of Developmental Disabilities and other involved parties as soon as possible after all avenues of locating the missing person have been exhausted.
Rebecca Sharp Porter
Chief Executive Director
Last Revised: 10/9/23