7.10.01 Park West – Missing Individual Procedure
In order to minimize the possibility of a missing individual, staff should make periodic checks on all individuals during working hours. It is the responsibility of each staff member on duty to be able to account for those individuals in their apartment. During the night shift, bedrooms should be checked every hour or more frequently if medical or behavioral indications warrant.
In the event that a resident is missing from Park West, the following procedure will be followed:
- Contact the Incident Hotline. The Incident hotline will contact the Police department and the Franklin County Board of Developmental Disabilities.
- Contact the Executive Director, the Director of Services, and the ICF Program Director immediately, identifying:
- Description of the clothing the individual was wearing
- Approximate time when the individual was last seen
- The location where the individual was last seen
- Check all areas of the apartment including closets, mechanical room, laundry room, and office.
- Conduct an apartment-to-apartment search, checking all areas as mentioned above as well as the central office building.
- Organize an on-grounds search that includes the property of the facility and surrounding areas.
- All staff involved in the search should contact the Executive Director to report on their individual search.
- All apartment staff should continue searching for the individuals until they hear otherwise
- When the Police Department is contacted, the Executive Director and/or designee, the Medical Services Coordinator, or the nurse on duty will prepare a summary of medical conditions, medications, vital statistics, etc. to facilitate communication.
Rebecca Sharp Porter
Chief Executive Director
Last Revised: 10/9/23