7.08.04 Open Door – Security Precautions
In order to prevent intruders from the facility, the following precautions should be taken:
- Back doors to the locations should be locked at all times unless a staff person is on the patio. However, in the event of a fire emergency the back doors must be unlocked prior to evacuating to ensure that emergency help can enter the location.
- Location front doors should be locked and all curtains pulled in the late evening and early morning hours.
- All staff are to know the whereabouts of their individuals at all times, including their unsupervised time as per their IPP.
Employees may not have visitors on the premises without the permission of the person in charge. Employees may not be on the premises before or after scheduled working hours without proper authorization. The progressive chain of command for the person in charge on grounds is:
- Executive Director
- Associate Director
- Financial Director
- Day Services Manager
- In the event that someone suspicious is found on the premises, the Sheriff’s Department should be called immediately at 8- 911.
- If an emergency situation arises as a result of an intruder being on the premises, the Executive Director and Associate Director should be notified immediately in addition to the Sheriff’s Department. An A & I should be completed and Incident Report Staff on call notified. The A & I should be submitted to the Risk Management within 24 hours detailing all aspects of the situation.
Last Revised: 4/30/21