7.08.03 Corporate – Security Precautions
A video monitoring system is provided for the safety of all staff and individuals. In order to prevent intruders from the facility, the following precautions should be taken:
- All doors to the building should be locked at all times. However, in a fire emergency, all doors must be unlocked before evacuating to ensure that emergency help can enter the building.
- The interior doors to the Administration area should be locked and blinds/curtains pulled shut after 4:30 p.m. during regular office hours and at all times on weekends and holidays.
- All staff are to know the whereabouts of individuals present in the building at all times, including their unsupervised time as per their OISP.
Employees may not have visitors on the premises without the permission of the person in charge. Employees may not be on the premises before or after scheduled working hours without proper authorization. The progressive chain of command for the person in charge at the office is:
- Executive Director
- Director of Operational Support
- Services Director
- Finance Director
- Day Program Director
- Day Program Coordinator
- In the event that someone suspicious is found on the premises, the Franklin County Sheriff’s Department should be called immediately at 911.
- If an emergency arises as a result of an intruder being on the premises, the Executive Director, Director of Operational Support, and the Incident Hotline should be notified immediately, in addition to the Sheriff’s Department. An Incident Report should be submitted to Risk Management within 24 hours detailing all aspects of the situation.
Rebecca Sharp Porter
Chief Executive Director
Last Revised: 10/9/23