7.08.01 Park West – Security Precautions
A video monitoring system is provided for the safety of all staff and individuals. In order to prevent intruders from the facility, the following precautions should be taken:
- Back doors to the individual apartments should be locked at all times unless a staff person in on the patio. However, in the event of a fire emergency the back doors must be unlocked prior to evacuating to ensure that emergency help can enter the apartment.
- Apartment’s front doors should be locked and all curtains pulled in the late evening and early morning hours.
- The interior doors to the Administration area should be locked and curtains pulled shut after 4:30 p.m. during regular office hours and at all times on weekends and holidays.
- All staff are to know the whereabouts of their individuals at all times, including their unsupervised time as per their IPP.
- During office hours, 8am-4pm visitors should sign in and out at the front reception desk at PWCA.
- If front Desk is closed visitors can go straight to the apartment and staff will notify the nursing department. Please call Incident Hotline if needed.
- Employees should be aware of the visitors while they are on PWCA grounds.
- Family and Friends are welcomed to visit often between the hours of 8am to 8pm. Children are welcome during these times as well as long as they are supervised by an adult over the age of 18.
- Staff should notify the nursing department when visitors are planning to take individual out for the day, evening or weekend.
- The number of visitors permitted in the individual’s apartment at one time depends on the needs and comfort of each individual.
- Family, Friends and employees should conduct themselves in a friendly manner while being in the individual’s personal homes.
- If the individual’s Person Centered Plan addresses a different protocol, then that protocol will be followed.
Employees may not have visitors on the premises without the permission of the person in charge. Employees may not be on the premises before or after scheduled working hours without proper authorization. The progressive chain of command for the person in charge on grounds is:
- Executive Director
- In the event that someone suspicious is found on the premises, the Franklin County Sheriff’s Department should be called immediately at 8- 911.
- If an emergency situation arises as a result of an intruder being on the premises, the Executive Director and Designee should be notified immediately in addition to the Sheriff’s Department. An A & I should be completed and Incident Report Staff on call notified. The A & I should be submitted to the Risk Management within 24 hours detailing all aspects of the situation.
- All of the Apartments’ handicapped front doors and the office door is operated on a timer system.
Last Revised: 4/30/21