What can we help you find?
7.06 Emergency Electrical Services–Derrer Road
- Staff should use cell phone or home tablet to notify incident hotline and Maintenance on-call of outage. Maintenance will notify team and initiate calls to inquire about electrical service outage.
- Employees and individuals should unplug all electrical equipment and turn off all overhead lights except one during a power outage.
- Individuals requiring oxygen via a condenser will utilize a portable oxygen tank kept in the nursing office.
- In extreme weather conditions (heat, cold) individuals and staff will evacuate to the Career and Activity Center. If the electrical outage is going to be prolonged the whole facility will be evacuated. (Refer to P & P 7.15 and/or 7.16) Crisis team to assist with arrangements.
- Preventative maintenance will be completed by the maintenance department as follows: all major appliances, i.e. furnaces/air conditioners, water heaters on a quarterly basis; dryer vent cleaning and electrical cords/plugs semi-annually; exhaust fan cleaning and refrigerator condensers annually. Portable electric and fuel burning space heaters and extension cords are prohibited.
Last Revised: 3/23/23