What can we help you find?
7.06.01 Park West – Emergency Electrical Services
- In the event of electrical service failure, each apartment is equipped with a battery back-up system. That will supply electricity to operate the corridor lights and smoke alarms. A buzzing alarm will indicate that the generator is operating.
- Employees and individuals should unplug all electrical equipment and turn off all overhead lights except one during a power outage.
- Individuals requiring oxygen via a condenser will utilize a portable oxygen tank kept in the Nursing Supervisor’s office.
- In extreme weather conditions (heat, cold) individuals and staff will evacuate to the main office area. If the electrical outage is going to be prolonged the whole facility will be evacuated. (Refer to P & P 7.15.01 and/or 7.16.01)
- Preventative maintenance will be completed by the maintenance department as follows: all major appliances, i.e. furnaces/air conditioners, water heaters on a quarterly basis; dryer vent cleaning and electrical cords/plugs semi-annually; exhaust fan cleaning and refrigerator condensers annually. Portable electric and fuel burning space heaters and extension cords are prohibited.
Last Revised: 4/30/21