What can we help you find?
7.04.15 Harlem – Bomb Threat Plan
Plan of Action When a Bomb Threat is Received:
The recipient of the call should:
- Attempt to delay the caller and try to determine as many facts as possible:
- Location of the bomb.
- When it is going to go off.
- Identification of caller
- Appeal to the caller’s concern about the safety of the individuals. Do not hang up the telephone – leave the receiver off the hook.
- Inform the Executive Director, the Designee and the Incident Report Staff on-call person, using another phone/phone line.
- Call the Sheriff’s Department at 614-432-3333 and give them as much information as possible.
- In the Executive Director and the Designee’s absence and in the evenings, weekends and holidays call the Incident Report Staff on-call at 614-701-6993.
- All calls should be taken seriously.
It will be the decision of the Executive Director or the Designee in consultation with the Sheriff’s Department as to whether the facility should be evacuated.
Last Revised: 4/30/21