7.04.15 Harlem – Bomb Threat Plan
Plan of Action When a Bomb Threat is Received:
The recipient of the call should:
- Attempt to delay the caller and try to determine as many facts as possible:
- Location of the bomb.
- When it is going to go off.
- Identification of caller
- Appeal to the caller’s concern about the safety of the individuals. Do not hang up the telephone – leave the receiver off the hook.
- Inform the Executive Director and the Incident Hotline using another phone/phone line.
- Call the Sheriff’s Department at 614-432-3333 and give them as much information as possible.
- If the Executive Director is not available, call the Incident Hotline at 614-701-6993.
- All calls should be taken seriously.
It will be the decision of the Executive Director or designee, in consultation with the Sheriff’s Department, as to whether the facility should be evacuated.
Rebecca Sharp Porter
Chief Executive Director
Last Revised: 10/5/23