5.20 – Acute Medical Issues
All Open Door staff are required to report medical concerns or issues timely to nursing and Incident hotline. In addition, any observation must be immediately documented in individual’s record.
Report the following issues if they occur to the nurse and Incident hotline as they could potentially indicate health-related issues:
- Pattern of Meal Refusals (2 in a row)
- Distinct Sleep pattern changes
- Change in alertness
- Seizure activity
- Vital sign changes
- Any unusual skin observations: rash, redness, sore, etc.
- Reports of pain
- Medication refusals/treatment refusals
- Change in gait/ambulation
- Any other unusual observation
Last Revised: 8/25/21