5.10 – Medical Director/Physician Services
Each individual served by Open Door will receive regular and emergency medical care on a 24 hour a day basis by a physician licensed to practice in the State of Ohio. The Medical Director for Open Door is Dr. Charles Kistler, DO.
Medical Director Services include, but not limited to:
- Admission review within 24 hours of admission
- A physical examination within 7 days of admission
- Annual History and Physical
- Coordination of medical care plan for all individuals
- Medical record and orders reviewed upon admission
- Individual health exam/review at least every 60 days
- Will participate in pre-admission process for all new admissions
- Participate in IPP meetings and complete IPP assessments, as assigned
- Complete examination using all diagnostic aid necessary to properly evaluate condition
- Comprehensive medical treatment, including referral and coordination with all specialists
- Medication and treatment orders, including necessary labs and tests
- Treatment of illness or injuries
- Elimination of infection or hazardous conditions—Open Door Infection control review
- Behavior Support/Pharmacological Review
- Appropriate pain control procedures for optimal care when applicable.
Medical appointments will be made by Medical Appointment Coordinator and tracked through Medical Appointment tracking on Brittco Scheduler.
An initial medical examination must be completed within 72 hours of admission.
Each individual should receive a complete medical physical exam at least annually unless otherwise ordered in their medical plan. All individuals should be reviewed by Medical Director at least every 60 days.
Records of all medical exams will be maintained for each individual.
All individuals should have medical examinations at least annually unless otherwise specified in the ISP. The Case Manager is responsible for tracking annual appointments in the Advisor system. The Lead staff/Case Manager are responsible for scheduling and arranging for appointments for individuals including attending and transportation to and from the appointment. Records of the appointment consult sheets must be maintained and filed in the individual’s record.
Last Revised: 8/25/21