5.06 – Dental Care
Each individual served by Open Door will receive regular and emergency dental care on a 24 hours a day basis by trained and qualified personnel.
Comprehensive Diagnostic dental services include:
- Complete oral and intraoral examination using all diagnostic aid necessary to properly evaluate condition
- Treatment of injuries
- Elimination of infection or hazardous oral conditions
- Oral cancer or cellulitis
- Restoration of decayed or fractured teeth
- Replacement of permanent teeth when indicated
- Appropriate pain control procedures for optimal care if and when indicated
Dental appointments will be made by Medical Appointment Coordinator and tracked through Medical Appointment tracking in electronic appointment tracking software.
An initial dental examination must be completed within 30 days of admission, if one has not been completed in prior 12 months.
Each individual should receive a dental examination at least annually unless otherwise ordered in their medical plan.
Records of dental exams will be maintained for each individual.
All individuals should have dental examinations at least annually unless otherwise specified in the ISP. The Habilitation Coordinator is responsible for tracking annual appointments in the Advisor system. The Lead staff/Habilitation Coordinator are responsible for scheduling and arranging for appointments for individuals including attending and transportation to and from the appointment. Records of the appointment consult sheets must be maintained and filed in the individual’s record.
Last Revised: 8/25/21