4.27 SCL – Referral For Specialized Services
Frequently, individuals served require an evaluation or services from professional or licensed service providers. A referral process is necessary to provide efficient and timely delivery of such services. The services requiring a referral may include but are not limited to the following: Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, Psychological, nutritional, legal representation, self-help, self-advocacy, and other support groups/services.
For waiver locations, the following steps must be taken:
- Interdisciplinary/person centered team should discuss the need for evaluation.
- Person centered plan should be updated to reflect the need and referral for services.
- Referral form should be sent to the specialized service provider for evaluation and/or on-going services by the County Board SSA, Case Manager, or any other team member, as assigned.
- A copy of the completed evaluation or on-going formal service plan will then be forwarded to the SCL Case Manager.
- The SCL Case Manager is responsible to forward evaluation form to the team. The Case Manager is responsible for ensuring coordination with the PCP team and coordinate further supports/equipment needs or addendums as recommended for the individual.
- All team members should be notified of the recommendations and further supports.
Authorization and Billing for Waiver Services
The County Board SSA must authorize the service through Waiver funding, county funding, or alternate funding source. The Open Door accounting department must be made aware by the SCL Case Manager so that they may issue appropriate billing documents/requirements to ensure proper payment.
Last Revised: 8/25/21