4.20 SCL – Individual Funds Audit
Only an individual who has not made and/or recorded transactions in the account will complete a random audit or a special request audit. The financial audit will include verification of the reconciliation of all individual funds (savings/checking account including debit card, petty cash account, food stamps, and personal lock box/space funds). The financial audit will follow general accounting principles and all SCL policies and procedure. The content of the individual financial audit will include but is not limited to:
- Documentation of Financial Supports in the individual’s plan
- Other Miscellaneous Issues
The SCL Program Manager (designee) will provide each individual location with an audit of the personal resources on a random schedule. The assigned auditor will conduct the audit on all funds within their:
- Petty cash
- Savings account
- Checking account
- Joint petty cash
- Food stamps
- Debit cards
In addition, Audits will be conducted upon:
- Substantiated financial loss
- Individual request
- If there have been any changes in staff or major disciplinary actions taken
- Random schedule (monthly assigned locations) completed by Payee Coordinator
2. Audit Results:
A report will be made of each audit and will be reviewed with the Individual/and or designee. If audits reflect any discrepancy, an incident report will be completed, and Incident Hotline called immediately.
3. Financial Discrepancies/Missing Money
If financial discrepancies, missing money or other serious issues are identified, the following steps should be taken.
- Complete Incident Report
- Contact Incident Hotline
- Incident Line will Notify County Service Support Administrator and MUI department
- Remove employee from financial responsibility, as appropriate
- Secure all funds
- Ensure individual has continued access to his/her funds
- Conduct an investigation
- Reimburse financial discrepancies immediately following the investigation as appropriate.
- Take other corrective measures, per policy.
SCL will reimburse for financial losses if due to employees not following policy/procedure, not following the ISP, theft, or misappropriation.
Rebecca Sharp Porter
Chief Executive Director
Last Revised: 8/7/23