4.03 ICF – Housekeeping Procedures
Reference: Medicaid Tag W132. Licensure Standard 11, 5123; 2-17-10 E 2&6
It is the responsibility of the Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to complete apartment cleaning duties on each shift. The DSPs will document on the cleaning list upon the completion of each assigned cleaning duty.
The DSPs are also responsible for the following:
- Disinfecting mattresses
- Disinfecting all equipment including Hoyer Lifts, Slings, Wheelchairs, Adaptive Equipment.
- Wiping bed frames
- Cleaning/prepping rooms when a new individual is admitted
Storage of cleaning supplies
- All cleansers, disinfectant, etc. will be stored in their original containers and kept in the laundry room
- Mops and brooms should be hung up in the mechanical room
- Dish soap and dishwasher soap must be stored in the kitchen under the sink
Proper use of cleaning supplies
Cleaning supplies should only be used according to the directions that are printed on the label
Last Revised: 4/30/21