2.00 – Code of Ethics
Open Door Code of Ethics:
This Open Door policy applies to employees, volunteers, contractors, consultants, temporary staff, and all other officers, trustees, and other workers at Open Door.
Open Door will conduct its business honestly and ethically. We will continuously improve the quality of our services and operations. Open Door employees will create a reputation for honesty, fairness, respect, responsibility, integrity, trust displaying sound business judgement.
Open Door Executive Management Staff have an open-door policy and welcome suggestions and concerns from employees. All Employees have a duty to report any inappropriate, illegal, fraudulent, or unethical behavior directly to the Executive Director. Violation of the Open Door Code of Ethics will not be tolerated and may result in corrective action up to and including termination.
The following will not be tolerated:
- Illegal or unethical conduct on the parts of employees or affiliates that are not in the company’s best interest will not be tolerated.
- Allowing personal interest to conflict, or appear to conflict, with the interests of the company.
- Employees shall avoid using their company contact to advance their private business or personal interest at the expense of the company.
- Violation of company policies related to internet and social media.
- Bribes, kickbacks, or other similar remuneration or consideration shall be given to any person or organization in order to attract or influence business activity. Employees shall avoid gifts, gratuities, fees, bonuses, or excessive entertainment in order to attract or influence business activity.
- Any intimidation, harassment, discrimination or failing to create a cohesive team environment.
- Not following Equal Employment Opportunity laws.
- Sharing proprietary, private, confidential, or business-sensitive information.
Last Revised: 8/24/21