At Open Door, we inspire the life journeys of individuals with disabilities and cultivate valued roles for them in their communities.
Join our team and inspire life journeys as a Custodial Technician! Working at our corporate offices, you’ll help keep our facilities clean for the individuals we support, guests, and staff alike!
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to participate in and pass the Medication Administration Course
The following duties are the primary duties associated with this position, however this position does require additional tasks as assigned that are necessary and appropriate to enhance and normalize the lives of individuals:
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash. Take trash to dumpster.
- Service, fully clean all surfaces, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Clean equipment, such as glassware and metal instruments, using solvents, brushes, rags, and power cleaning equipment.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Requisition of supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and housekeeping duties.
- Completes delivery of all supplies to corporate building and other departments.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, and chairs to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
Monday – Friday from 5 am – 1 pm
Monday – Friday from 11am – 7 pm