At Open Door Art Studio & Gallery, we believe in the transformative power of the arts and are committed to fostering personal and artistic growth and deepening community connection for the individuals with disabilities we support. As a Creative Mentor, you will play a key role in helping us fulfill our mission of inspiring life journeys!
- Mentor artists on an individualized basis to foster a successful path to achieve individual goals and outcomes.
- Facilitate fine-art programming across the offered mediums.
- Develop community partnerships that will provide community connections for the artists we represent based on individual goals and outcomes.
- Attend to the individual needs of all artists.
- Perform daily and monthly tracking of artistic achievements for the represented artists.
- Deliver direct support and personal care to (including medication administration).
- Assist with housekeeping tasks.
- Curate a minimum of one exhibition annually.
- Attend and facilitate community exhibition openings/special events featuring artworks made by as needed.
- Assist in building relationships with community groups/organizations.
- Facilitate community experiences for represented artists.
- Follow emergency guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure that all staff and volunteers are committed to implementing daily procedures, routines, systems.
- Ensure continuous improvement of procedures, routines, and systems.
- Attend in-service days, trainings, and workshops.
- Facilitate daily transportation routes for artists to and from the studio space.
- Other duties as assigned.
$16.50 – $18.50 per hour (with degree)
$14.50 (no degree)
Monday – Friday
9 am – 5 pm
- Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience in an art-related field
- Must be 18 years old
- Valid driver’s license
- Proof of car insurance
- Must pass a background check