Start an exciting and rewarding career with Open Door and make a difference in your community!
We’re currently seeking an enthusiastic and caring person to become a member of our On The Go (OTG) team to assist adults with disabilities in central Ohio as they explore their interests around town!
Every person has dreams, aspirations, and talents that they bring to the table. At Open Door, our goal is to provide individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with the support they need so they can lead their own inspiring life journey. That includes helping folks engage with the community!
Individuals in our OTG groups spend 100% of their day having fun exploring their interests in the community; we have groups for people with an interest in history, cooking, gardening, sports, volunteering, and more!
YOU can help inspire life journeys by helping individuals explore their interests, matching folks with an existing group, or establishing a new group if none currently exists. All while having FUN at your job!
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to participate in and pass the Medication Administration Course
- This position requires a commitment to Inspiring Life Journeys and cultivating valued roles for all people.
- Prior experience with human services, social impact, volunteering, or leading change preferred.
The following duties are the primary duties associated with this position, however this position does require additional tasks as assigned that are necessary and appropriate to enhance and normalize the lives of individuals:
- Encourages participant direction, choice, and self-advocacy
- Assists with all direct care services to participants including personal care, toileting, meal preparation, feeding, transferring, and all aspects of the plan, as assigned
- Assists in the planning, organizing, and implementation of CULTIVATE circles
- Implements individual projects and experiences identified as most important to the individual; provides support, coordination, and digital project planning
- Responsible for frequent written and verbal communication with stakeholders, community team members, and Navigator
- Digitally records community impact and experiences for each individual
- Participates in team meetings
- Responsible for providing transportation or assisting individuals in accessing public or other alternate transportation
- Accurately follow emergency procedures (i.e. fire, tornado, medical emergencies, intruders, etc.)
- Properly performs consumer/participant lifting and transferring as necessary
- Accurately input on Brittco and any other electronic documentation system for services provided to the individuals served at Open Door
- Ensures that participants’ rights are observed
- Completes community project planning and develops experiences to be implemented in their assigned area
- Follows the Accident and Incident procedures for Open Door
- Attends in-services and staff development opportunities
- Completes and stays certified in the necessary training and certifications requirements.
- Maintains Money Management certification to ensure that all budget needs and money is available to individuals for the experiences toward the path to employment.
- Performs various duties as necessary to inspire life journeys and cultivate valued roles for all people
- Develops networks of natural supports for individuals
- Assists with relationship-building for all people
- Completes accurate billing and timekeeping records weekly
Starting at $14.50 per hour
Pay based on experience
Monday – Friday from 8 am – 2 pm