Board of Directors – Volunteer
Board of Directors Role Overview
We are looking for great people, just like you, who are willing to give of their time and talents to help us inspire the life journeys of individuals with disabilities in our community!
Currently, we are looking to add 2-3 additional members to our 9 member board and would prefer candidates with backgrounds in the following areas:
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Marketing, Communications, or PR
- Direct Care Professionals
- Individuals with developmental disabilities; self-advocates
If you are interested in making an impact, please take a moment to fill out our board interest application!
Board Functions and Requirements
- All members of the Board of Directors assume full responsibility for compliance and general oversight to meet the standards of all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations which govern our operations; Exercise general policy, financial, and operational direction over the organization including formal board resolutions.
- Support the mission, vision, and core values of Open Door
- Attend (in-person or virtually) quarterly board meetings and committee meetings as scheduled; Review meeting agendas and supporting documents prior to board meetings.
- Review recommendations and provide general oversight for retirement, finance, advocacy, and personnel committees
- Provide supervision, oversight, and direction for the Executive Director. This includes election, hiring, general supervision, annual performance evaluations, and corrective action/discipline; succession planning
- Participates in the development of our strategic plan and reviews progress reports with recommendations quarterly.
- Represent and promote the organization within the community, professional, and personal networks whenever possible; participates in fundraising objectives